.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Weird Day to take off 

Well for those of you who don't know the county of Los Angles gives to employees how they trust one of two different work sejual. Either a 9 80 which the person works 9 hours 4 days a week 8 hours one and then gets a extra day off on the 10 th day or 4 80 which is just what it sounds like.
Well my mom is one of these workers and started this week her 9 80 what is weird is that she get tomorrow as her day off, It is cool that she gets one it is just odd that it is not a Monday or Friday though when she started back in Pasadena (she tranfed out then back in) they told her they had all the Mondays and Fridays full so she could only take one of the days Tuesday through Thursday.
I just think it will be a little weird to get a day off in the middle of the week though if I get the job in a museum because they will want me to work on weekends I might get the same thing.
This all can be nice though because it means that you can take care of things which are not open on weekends like mom's creidt union.
That does not stop it from being weird

Comments:
when I worked at the CMT, most of the time I worked Sunday thru Thursday, which was a fantastic schedule. (esp. since Sunday was a short and slow day!)
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?