.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The last sign of graduation and Other things 

Well it came today that final symbol of the fact I am a college graduate. My college diploma came in the mail today. This made me feel like it is all over I am done with school. The one nice thing is I could help are tenet get a better hand on what to do because she is starting back at college again and she last when to college was out of state.

At the same time I am worrying about the rest of my life because my wrist on my LEFT hand hurts to move and I have had to put it in a splint to keep it from moving and hurting. This because when it dose not move it did not hurt. If this is what I fear it is then I am in deep trouble because it could be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

The two things which really suck is 1. I am left handed and you try to do things without moving the wrist and 2. I am ONLY 25!!!!!!!

Comments:
I've had the same problems for about the same length of time, only more with my right wrist. do you mouse left-handed?

A few things that you might think about...

* does it help to take an anti-inflammatory? (aleve, etc.)
* try ice.
* there's lots of sites out there with exercises.
* take lots of breaks when you use the computer. (I have a program called workrave that basically forces me to take breaks. I bet there's something similar for the mac.)
* evaluate your computer setup. we both love laptops, but my physical therapist (for the knee) said that they're the worst thing to ever happen to ergonomics. weirdly, I find I'm in the best position in a recliner...everything's at the angle it's supposed to be

okay, now that you're totally overwhelmed.... ;) I totally feel for you. I should probably be doing more for my own hands & arms, but it feels like giving in/up.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?