.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Two Good Things Today 

First today I went to the Los Angles Times Festival of Books at UCLA.

The way mom and I have been going for the last few years is that Vroman's has a bus that takes you from Vroman's in Pasadena to UCLA and back.
It is a nice way to go and everyone gets goody bag full of books and other stuff. So you get the price of the ticket for the bus back in books. I got nine of them this time plus bookmarks, a hat, and a shirt.

When I was there I saw three panels one with Dave Barry which was funny, then one about the Lost Boys of Sudan this one was sad but hopeful, then I when and heard The Rockbottom Remainders which was really good to hear, finally I heard a panel on the Roots of Religion which told a mix of old and new information.

The second good thing happened when I got home. When I came home I found a newsletter from the Friends of the Altadena Library that had my photo in it. That just feels so very good to say. The guy saw one of my photos on Flickr of the library and used it to show the changes which have been made to the library.

Comments:
That is totally rad...I ::heart:: the internet!
 
Yea, it is rad also the guy loved it because he does not have to take the photo.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?