.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 11, 2006

Finally Some Respect 

I get Weekend America on ipod and was listening to last weeks show that way and heard something that made me happy.

Many times they talk about world music and on this last weeks show they talked about an artist named Ljova who has an whole album of viola music most of it played on its own.

There are two things you need to know

1. I along with both of my sisters played the viola

2. As they said on the show it is the Rodney Dangerfield of instruments "It gets not respect"

So when I heard this music it just made me happy because you can do get things with a viola but not one ever tries.

Comments:
Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the encouragement! Enjoy the tunes and spread the word!

Cheers from New York,
--Ljova
 
I heard that piece too; it was such beautiful music! (and that's totally rad that he commented. :) )
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?